Family Mediation Services
Juvenile Pre-hearing Conferences
Juvenile Pre-hearing Conferences are specialized facilitations that take place at juvenile court offices and are ordered by individual judges who see the value in getting all interested parties to the table to talk and share information when a child has been removed from the home.
- Typical participants include...
- County attorneys
- Parents of removed children
- Parent attorneys
- Guardians ad litem
- HHS case workers
- Extended family and friends
The two primary purposes of the conference are to...
- Make sure that the child(ren) and parent(s) are getting needed services.
- Give all stakeholders a chance to find out what is happening at present and what the plan is for the future.
The stakeholders are also informed of who to contact as the case develops. The facilitator is called upon to help this sometimes highly-charged process to move ahead smoothly and successfully.